From Ruins to Romance: My Journey Through Rome, Venice & Mil

 

Introduction

Italy has always been on my travel wish list, and this trip was a dream come true. From the ancient echoes of Rome to the moonlit canals of Venice, and the fashionable streets of Milan, each city offered its own magic. This journey was filled with good food, better views, and unforgettable moments.


Rome – The Eternal City



Where I Stayed: Hotel Alexandra on Via Veneto — the perfect base for exploring Rome. It was charming, clean, and walkable to the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and metro access.

 My stay at Hotel Alexandra, nestled on Rome’s iconic Via Veneto.

What I Did:

  • Explored the Colosseum and the Roman Forum

  • Threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain at night

  • Wandered through Piazza Venezia and Piazza Navona

  • Passed the Pantheon, Castel Sant’Angelo, and admired Rome's stunning architecture at every turn

  • Took a hop-on/hop-off city sightseeing bus to maximize my time

 Standing in awe beneath the mighty Colosseum.


What I Ate:

  • Delicious pasta at Baccano

 Creamy carbonara at Baccano—worth every bite.

  • Authentic pizza near my hotel

  • Strong espresso and pastries from local cafés

Favorite Moment: Sitting on the steps by Hotel Bolivar, people-watching with gelato in hand, soaking in the Roman energy.

 Venice – Canals & Charm

Where I Stayed: A cozy Airbnb tucked in a quiet neighborhood near the canals. The location was peaceful but still walkable to main attractions.

What I Did:

  • Took a scenic gondola ride at sunset

  • Crossed the Rialto Bridge and wandered the narrow alleys

  • Visited St. Mark’s Basilica and admired the square at night

  • Stumbled upon hidden wine bars and art-filled corners

 Moonlight and magic in the canals of Venice.

 Getting lost in Venice is half the fun.

What I Ate:

  • Seafood pasta with a waterfront view

  • Fresh cannoli and Italian cappuccino every morning

  • Aperitivo at a small local bar while listening to music spill into the streets

Favorite Moment: Watching the moon rise over the canal with the soft glow of lanterns reflecting in the water. It felt like stepping into a painting.

Milan – Style Meets History

Where I Stayed: Another great Airbnb, this time near the heart of the city with easy access to trams and cafes.

What I Did:

  • Visited the breathtaking Duomo di Milano

 The intricate beauty of the Duomo di Milano, up close.

  • Explored Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II

  • Walked through the fashion district and admired Milanese elegance

  • Enjoyed green space in local parks and visited the Sforzesco Castle

What I Ate:

  • Thin crust pizza served with prosecco

  • Rich risotto Milanese at a local trattoria

  • Espresso on a sunlit patio watching the world pass by

 Milan’s charm in every corner—from cobblestone to couture.

Favorite Moment: Standing on the rooftop of the Duomo, looking out over the city as the bells rang in the distance.


Final Thoughts

Italy exceeded every expectation. Each city brought its own rhythm: Rome was historic and energetic, Venice romantic and serene, Milan sleek and stylish. I left with a full heart, a full camera roll, and a deeper love for travel.

Next stop? Who knows. But Italy will always feel like amore.


📍 Want to follow more of my real travel experiences?
Check out my TripAdvisor Reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

✈️ London: A 4-Day Festive Stopover with Food, Markets & Cozy Chaos

🍻 Seattle Sips & Bavarian Trips: Our 3-Day Adventure ✨

Barcelona Bliss: A Journey Through Art, Architecture, and Tapas